Little Torch Lobster and Spearfishing Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octotat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be spending a week on Little Torch Key over Christmas, and was planning to do some lobtstering and spearfishing. Would anyone be gracious enough to make some recommendations? I realize no one is going to give up their honey holes, but some decent areas would be appreciated. I will have a boat, and can use either approximate locations or GPS coordinates. PM if you'd like to keep it on the DL. Lots of karma in it for you:wink:

Ted

I'm going to be spending a week on Little Torch Key over Christmas, and was planning to do some lobtstering and spearfishing.

Your going to be real close to Looe Key which has several protected areas. I'd ask RichesB on here for advice.

The regulations and protected areas have changed down there alot if you haven't visited in a while. Since you are on your own boat, Get a Chart! I know of a couple of preserves just off Little Torch, that if you even have a gun in the boat and you stop in the area (not even fishing) you can be cited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom