Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

king_tut1975

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello every Body.

I know you might have got this questions before, But since i am new to all this, i am just wondering , i need what is the best camera to buy and to find a housing for it, mu budget is limited to 400 US$ .

Regards
king_TUT

I personally like Canon series, and recently I just bought S5 to replace my old S3. you can look up, I think it's a good buy
dealstudio.com :: View Deals - :: Deals, Coupons, Rebates, Freebies, Discounts, Bargains
I've used the camera for a couple days now and taken about 400 shots with it. It is pretty good, although I want to share my thoughts on a couple things that other reviews have brought up.
Here is some more specs
Canon Introduces the New Powershot S5 IS Digital Camera | Digital Camera Review

thanks for the reply , but guys , i just decided my mind on Olympus Mju 790 sw or mju 780, the question now, one of them has image stabilization and the other doesn't .... so does this image stabilization make a big difference in photos????

regards

Not underwater so much.

I have the Oly 720 and have two friends who have the newer models- one with the housing. These would not be my first choices for underwater work. They are fun, if expensive, compacts that go anywhere, but I feel their results underwater are below average for cameras in the same price range. Just two cents from someone who sees it all :wink:

Dear Alcina,

the problem , is that i can't decide about a camera, that is the best to use for a new photografer , that is to be in a suitable budget, and i am really new to that photografy even on land :) .... so if you can help me with the best camera..

Have you looked at the Sticky? There are many choices with discussions and images linked in there.

There is no "best" choice - each person has different criteria, including budget, interest, likes/dislikes etc - so there is no one right answer.

A camera series I think meets virtually all of the essential criteria I personally have for those wanting to get into uw photo are the Canon A series. I just purchased two more Canon A570IS cameras with Canon housings for our hire cameras and I find myself using one of them all the time on land and usually taking one with me on my dives, too LOL They're just fun and easy, but have enough room to grow as you learn and discover what you like. newegg has a deal on them for camera $140 with free shippping; housings are about $160ish.

These are not the only cameras that allow this, but they produce some of the most consistently good results from most users that I have seen. Have a look at recents threads in the UW area, including the sub forums, too. There are quite a few people on the same quest as you are and it's often helpful to read around a bit.

A quick list of what to look for at a minimum:
- manual controls of both aperture and shutter
- manual ISO control
- manual white balance
- housing available
All compacts have various auto settings if you don't want to start in manual modes - but you'll likely regret getting a camera that doesn't give you the manual option and simply end up buying a new camera before you'd need to if you went with one with manual controls in the first place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom