My PT-030 Flooded (happy ending)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DesertEagle

Contributor
Reaction score
Lucky for me, it was the last dive. And, we were diving shallow. I could see the housing starting to fog. Then a few drops of water at the bottom. After a deco stop, I surfaced and got the camera out. No problems with the camera.

Later I resealed the housing and put it in the rinse tank. No leaks, but two of the control glands in the rear show some rusting. These don't look user serviceable. This adds to my feeling that the cheap housings semi-disposable. I don't know if the housing can be used again.

Anyway, here are a few from that dive. Claire (pictured) is the instructor at U-Dive in Eilat. They were terrific.

Attachments

• PC050029.jpg
    PC050029.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 54
  • PC050031.jpg
    PC050031.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 42
Beautiful pics. Have it serviced, you should be fine.

Glad to hear the camera is okay. The housing is easier to replace than the camera is. The last time I spoke with someone who had a problem with this housing it was cheaper to replace the housing than to get it repaired. Some places are making deals because they have housings, but can no longer get the cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom