Wow - An Ontario Section!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Duffer

Contributor
Reaction score
Found this board by chance - and I'll be - it has an Ontario section.

My Wife and I got our cert last year and we have taken to this like...well you know. Been cert'd 7 months and already dived:

Turks and Caicos
Cozumel
Aruba

Coming Up

Florida Keys - March
B.V.I. - April

We have our own boat that we keep on Simcoe. Each year we take it down the Severn into Georgian bay for a few weeks - always up the East side towards Killarney. We just aquired our own gear this week and are looking forward to getting into our "own" water this summer. So tell me, whats out there - in Simcoe or Georgian Bay. No experience with either - we cert'd in Turks.

Canuck Divers once bubbled...
Found this board by chance - and I'll be - it has an Ontario section.

My Wife and I got our cert last year and we have taken to this like...well you know. Been cert'd 7 months and already dived:

Turks and Caicos
Cozumel
Aruba

Coming Up

Florida Keys - March
B.V.I. - April

We have our own boat that we keep on Simcoe. Each year we take it down the Severn into Georgian bay for a few weeks - always up the East side towards Killarney. We just aquired our own gear this week and are looking forward to getting into our "own" water this summer. So tell me, whats out there - in Simcoe or Georgian Bay. No experience with either - we cert'd in Turks.

Tobermory has some of the best collection of recreational level wrecks found in fresh water in the world. However, some of your brethren would make that claim for the St Lawrence River. Still, I don't think you'll go wrong with Tobermory.

Just don't forget to buy your pass for a nominal fee in Downtown Tobermory by the waterfront. It's a "must have" for diving in Fathom Five Marine Park. I don't think I'd bother going right now though... ya might wanna wait until at least Spring. The water's not real friendly right now! :D

Good Luck!
wb

Welcome to the board from another canuck. Can't help you out much for the Simcoe area as I'm primarily a Lake Superior diver - however - curious as to what you dove in Aruba. The wife and I were there for our honeymoon a few years ago, and was our first saltwater experience.......

SS

Just a one day stop in Aruba as part of a cruise. We dove with Red Sail Sports aboard the "Pasa Bon". @ dive sites - both wrecks - The Antilla and The Pedernalis.

ScubaScott once bubbled...
Welcome to the board from another canuck. Can't help you out much for the Simcoe area as I'm primarily a Lake Superior diver - however - curious as to what you dove in Aruba. The wife and I were there for our honeymoon a few years ago, and was our first saltwater experience.......

SS

Oh and by the way - sorry about the screen name. I selected it before Ifound this section and didn't realize there was already a "canuck diver" - had I knownthat - I would have come up withsomething else. From what I can see, I can't change it now that I have joined.

So - sorry canuck diver - didn't mean to copy it!

Oh and by the way - sorry about the screen name. I selected it before Ifound this section and didn't realize there was already a "canuck diver" - had I knownthat - I would have come up withsomething else. From what I can see, I can't change it now that I have joined.

So - sorry canuck diver - didn't mean to copy it!

I believe the user names CAN be changed. Try posting a question in the Site Support forum regarding it.

you are bang on.....one can have the name changed....contact your local moderator, or tech admin. Our local mod is DivingGal. Canuck Divers.....welcome to the board. The Ontario section was created last year and has proved successful, and helpful for our special needs...:wink: ........It is openfor all to read, and contribute to.....we welcome your future contributions also...........

not a problem! We'll just tell everybody that we are long-lost family!
:D

and welcome to the board! Like was said earlier, the st.lawrence is a great place for wreck diving, if you ever get this way, we can have a family reunion!

Welcome to one of the most informative spots I've ever found on the web.

How big a boat? There are some wrecks in the Hope/Christian/Beckwith Islands. You have to pass em if you've come through the Trent and heading North.
I'd recommend picking up Chris Kohl's latest book on wrecks in the Great Lakes. I got it for Christmas 2001 and have found it a useful resource. We sail out of Meaford, if you're ever heading that way (or to Christian as we get over there a few times each summer) let me know (PM) and perhaps we'll connect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom