wet/semi dry for the med?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

turnerjd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hiya all....

Since the med is now quite close to me, I will start diving there.... But, as a UK diver I only have a 6mm neoprene drysuit.

What is recommended for the med in summer a 5mm full wet/semi-sry suit? anyone with any experience?

Jon T

Whats up with using your dry suit? I've used mine everywhere from Scapa Flow to the Red Sea!! Have done a couple of dives in Spain and used a semi dry there (because that's what I had). You could probably get by with a 5mm wetsuit but I get cold easily so was glad of my 7mm semi!!

Heads up

It was 37°C here yesterday, and wearing practically nothing I was melting like an ice-cube! The thought of putting on a 6mm Drysuit in temperatures like that doesn't really appeal!

I know it will be fine in the water, it's just getting to the water I don't fancy!

Jon T

I've dived in a 5ml wet suit in Gibraltar at various times from May to October. Even after an hour bottom time I was still comfortable but I suspect that water temperature differs depending which part of the Med you are diving, Gib I believe is colder than some.

Thanks maggie,

5mm one piece seems to be what most people round here use. It was just before I spend my hard earned cash on one I would see what other people thought.

Jon T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom