Cressi airtech AC10 for tech diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matjo1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm about to start my tech training and money is tight. I will spend whatever is necessary to get the right gear for the job, but any savings that do not compromise safety will obviously be taken advantage of so... Does anyone have any experience with the cressi airtech / AC10 regulator? I know that most north American tech divers may not even be familiar with this reg, (at least for tech applications) so this may be a question for our European members.
I would use this reg because...
-They are a high volume (relative), balanced, reliable, flow-through piston with swivel LP port head
-I can do the maintenance on them with my eyes closed and one hand behind my back
-I can get them dirt cheap
-Many years ago, Cressi sold the design of this reg to scubapro. You may know it as the...MK25! I know this speaks nothing about the airtech reg itself, but it certainly does not hurt!
-Any technician that has serviced them could tell you that they are a beautifully made and solid machine

Why have all my searches on this reg been unsuccessfull? Is there something about this reg that I don't know? Is it a cultural thing? (this reg over this one) Please tell me all you know.

By the way, please give me feedback because you have experience with the thing. Although highly entertaining, posts like: "Mat, you should be diving with scubapro, apex, diverite, Poseidon, etc. because it's what I dive with, what my buddy dives with and what my shop says I should dive with" is not the feedback I'm looking for. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom