Reversible hose metal second stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hudson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does such a beast exist? I'm absolutely in love with my Scubapro Balanced Adjustable, but I'll soon need a regulator with a left hand side hose for sidemount and my current secondary R295 doesn't quite cut it. I suspect I'll be happier with a metal body or barrel, but I haven't found one where I can move the hose to the left..

Poseidon Cyclon works on both sides.

Yep, the Cyklon is the original "no up/down, left/right".
Oceanic has/had a model, as did AquaLung, but none can come close to the venerable Cyklon.
370.jpg

An early 1960s version. :D

Poseidon used to include a 2nd stage kit when you bought a new reg; all 3 o-rings. :wink:
The only really "specialized" tool is the 2nd stage cover press but if you have one that's not tweaked, they can pop right together.
The older versions are readily available on ebay fairly often but you may want to opt for a "newish" version with the standard threaded ports which means it *may* come with a plastic mouth tube.
Those are replaceable with metal ones.
The plastic ones can withstand an awful lot of abuse though, we've never had to replace one from even "impact damage".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom