Sea and Sea camera with sports package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I am thinking of getting a sea and sea sports package camera for xmas. I have tried to do a search for comments on SB, but can' t seem to get the search narrow enough to make it useful to find info (LOTS of posts come up for 'sea" or "Camera", but now what I am looking for. Anyway, if anyone owns a Sea and sea camera and has an opinion, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Which sea & sea camera sports package were you looking at? The DX860 or the newer DX-1G?

I have the Sea & Sea DX5000G, and purchased it with what was called the "island package".

It came with the camera, housing, ys25 strobe lighting package, wide angle lens, an extra sync cord and pelican case. everything you need to get shooting, but the SD card. the entire rig was around 2G'S IN 2006(? i think, time flies).

I personally have been VERY happy with the whole package for underwater photography, most pics on my website and in my SB gallery, topside and under, were taken with the 5000, earlier pics were taken with the dx3000g.

the camera definately has above water limitations, but the size, weight and ease of use are great.

I also feel that the strongest suite of the camera is the macro mode both topside and underwater.

my only "complaint" of the unit would be, sometimes photos will look a little gainy, more topside than below, but it happens. not sure if it's the camera's electronics not always in balance or if it's possibly just me getting ahead of the camera's focus a little or even camera "jiggle", I have much better luck holding it still underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom