Nitek Duo software for Mac...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zen_man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just curious,

Are there any plans on developing Mac compatible software for the Nitek Duo?

Thanks,

:zen:

Hi Zen Man,

Thanks for asking. No, at this time there is no plan to develop MAC software for the NiTek Logic software. We are developing a new program for our new NiTek X computer that will be MAC and PC compatible. Pending that release, we will look into new software for the DUO/Plus.

Best,
Kathleen

It would be great if this software were upgraded, it doesnt even run on MS Vista :-(

I hate to bring such an old thread back from the archives but I was wondering if any progress had been made on this. I am guessing not. I wouldn't mind tackling this myself if I knew what was running on the Duo that I could ask for data from. What are the chances of me screwing up the firmware if I did some pings over the USB cable?

Currently I have Windows running on a virtual server on Mac and I download the data from the Nitek Duo on there. I then export from the Windows app, move it over to the Mac and then import it into the Mac app. I can then sync with the iPhone with yet another app. What would be nice is to read directly from the Nitek Duo with an app that can sync with the iPhone as well. Pigs may fly one day, I guess. :)

Good question, let me ask. We do have a third-party programmer working on this software for us as Seiko continues to ignore all of our requests for modern-century software. Sorry for the on-going inconvenience. Let me get right back to you.

Kathleen

Thanks, Kathleen

If the 3rd party developer is the same one who did the Zeagle software you in luck. The Zeagle software (which I believe is the same) is now running on my Windows 7 computer and downloading data from my N2ition.

Kathleen? :)

Hey Far X,

My bad for being so out of touch. I don't have an answer on our side, however I'll give the folks at Zeagle a shout and see what they've come up with.

Best,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen, I just noticed this thread.
Don't count on Seiko coming up with any Mac support, any kind.

I think the majority of non Japanese underestimate the overt conservatism the Japanese has towards many things, including computers. Here, anything that isn't considered "world standard" is frowned upon. Micro$oft is considered world standard, Linux are considered toys for computer "otaku," and OSX is considered voodoo. (I'm the local voodoo shaman / Apple evangelist :D)

Back
Top Bottom