Post Sea & Sea DX 1G photos here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aliecon

Registered
Reaction score
Let's discuss DX 1G here.
I am posting some pics w/o strobe. I hope I'll take some pics with YS 27DX soon.
Didn't try the manual function underwater yet, but I think next time I'll only use manual.

I don't see any photos :wink: Once there are some posted into the thread, I'll add this to the Sticky for easy reference in future!

If you are unsure how to insert photos into your post (vs linking or adding thumbnails), click on the pink link in my sig and scroll down - there are some simple mini-tutorials with examples to get you on your way!

If you check my "view gallery" and click on Galapagos 2007 there are a few photos that I have taken with the DX-1g.

Regards,

Bill

I tried to post but it takes forever and it didn't upload at the end, so I gave up.
Will try again when I have the time and patience

If you check my "view gallery" and click on Galapagos 2007 there are a few photos that I have taken with the DX-1g.

Regards,

Bill

Those are excellent pics! I had tried the manual mode (not underwater) and it is so easy to use. Next time I will definitely use the manual mode underwater. What type of strobe did you use?

I have a regular SDRAM and it is a pain to wait when it records RAW (around 7 seconds or so). I came across high speed SDRAMs and thinking about getting one:

Lexar – Compact Flash Memory Cards – Professional UDMA 300x

What type do you use and do you think recording time will be faster?

Red Sea was at the top on my list but after seeing your Galapagos pics, I am not sure. :D

I did not shoot in RAW. All my pics are JPEG. I use the Ultra II SD card and it is very fast. I should also state that my pics were enhanced with Adobe Photoshop. The Galapagos is unbeatable for large animal action. We were on a 10-day dive boat and saw 12 whale sharks, thousands of hammerheads, dolphins, galapagos sharks, silky sharks, eagle rays, turtles, etc. Great diving. However, if you decide to go make sure that they are still allowing dive boats to go to Darwin's Arch and Wolf Isand. These two dive sites are the gems of the Galapagos and there is a discussion with the Ecuadorian govt about not allowing dive boats to go there any more. I have heard that the Red Sea has great diving but depending on where you live, I would suggest that Fiji has everything that you will find in the Red Sea. Check out my Fiji pics in my gallery. We were blown away with the color and variety of fish that we found there. If you have any questions, you can email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom