Sherwood Shadow BC Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastbayfe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any warnings or recommendations on this octo? I had used the regular octo of this type and it worked well. It seems to me that the Shadow BC inflater hose set up would be ideal, though I know it isn't for everyone.

I love mine, it works great. It is all a matter of preference and what your comfortable with.

Yes it was state of the art in 1980 and still is today, might explain why they are still being manfactured and sold today.

Go with an Atomic SS1 the Shadow plus is state of the art 1980

Were you even alive in 1980? I don't remember an Inline octopus in the Sherwood catalog when I got certified in '87.

If you have no experience with something, maybe think before posting.

To the OP. I bought one to cut down on the number of hoses I use. It doesn't leak (freeflow), is streamlined, but is a worse/wetter breather than my '87 Sherwood Octo.

But, then again, so is my Genesis Slimline. Don't expect to push it as a regulator.

I got certified in '81. So yes I was alive. The first Shadow plus was know as the Shadow it was a bulky orange in-line.

About 15 yrs ago the change to the Shadow plus. So yes I do know what I am talking about smart-a**

I got certified in '81. So yes I was alive. The first Shadow plus was know as the Shadow it was a bulky orange in-line.

About 15 yrs ago the change to the Shadow plus. So yes I do know what I am talking about smart-a**

Interesting. I yield to your superior memory. I just picked up an orange bulky in-line octo. I'll be the envy of atomics SS1 users everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom