Taken the plunge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rosbif71

Registered
Reaction score
Well Im a newbie to diving (9dives) but just took the plunge and bought a reg.
Mares Proton 12 Metal with the Mares Rebel Octopus and MR12T first stage!

Hope I've made the right choice. Have booked a 2 tank dive tomorrow to get it wet :D

now gives me a bit of a mix'n'match set of kit.
Cressi Matrix Mask
Aqualung Caravelle Fins
Scubapro T-Force BCD
Mares Reg

Welcome to the wet world. Hope you have as much fun with it and meet as many great people as I have met.
That is quite a mix of dive gear, although all good.

Welcome to the wet world. Hope you have as much fun with it and meet as many great people as I have met.
That is quite a mix of dive gear, although all good.

Thanks. Have already done 9 dives and met some nice people along the way.
I'm lucky enough to live somewhere with nice tropical water so its nice and warm and plenty to see. Saw some black tips on my last dive. still to see the elusive turtles though!

well I got it wet today. Did find that my mouth/throat were no where near as dry as they had been with rental plastic regs.

only real problem I had was that the mouthpiece seems to be a bit too soft and floppy. Had difficulty keeping it in my mouth at times.

now will have to wait a bit till I add a computer to my kit!

Ros, the Mares regs are great regs. I love mine (a V16 proton XL). They are simple, great breathers with no adjustment needed.

If I may give you a piece of advice...:D Buy yourself a Seacure II moldable mouthpiece for your reg (Subatoys has them for a great price). They are cheap and you won't believe the difference in comfort once you get it properly fitted to your mouth!

You won't regret it!:coffee:

Have fun diving!

well I got it wet today. Did find that my mouth/throat were no where near as dry as they had been with rental plastic regs.

only real problem I had was that the mouthpiece seems to be a bit too soft and floppy. Had difficulty keeping it in my mouth at times.

now will have to wait a bit till I add a computer to my kit!

Back
Top Bottom