New Scubapro G250V's, why does the purge button lock down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonofasailor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my Scubapro MK25/G250V yesterday and hooked it up to a tank. Immediately it started free-flowing as soon as I turned the tank valve in the open position. After a few tries of this, I noticed that the purge button was stuck so that it was purging constantly. I then noticed that the purge button was turned sideways at the same time, and attempted to correct it by twisting it gently. It did go back, is this normal for the G250V? If so, what is it's function? It seems to me that this would be a problem underwater....

I found no mention of this in my manual, anyone wanna try to see if this works on your G250V? Try pressing the purge button down like normal, and turn it 1/8 of a turn counter-clockwise, it should lock down in place. As soon as you turn it back clockwise an 1/8 turn, it goes back to normal.

This is normal for for the G250 and the G250V. It is an anti-engraving mechanism. It helps to relieve tension on some of the internal parts.

Terri

For storage it is recommended to use the anti-engraving system and to completely unscrew the adjustment knob. It is on page 24 of the manual. FWIW, I'm not the most meticulous with my gear and I never use the antiengraving thing and I haven't had any issues that I would consider
related. Congrats on buying great gear! Oh and don't store that thing - you live in Florida -
use the hell out of it.

Happy Holidays,
Terri

use the hell out of it. You can't hurt it you will not see one in a junk yard:D

What is old is now new.

My BA109 reg did the same thing with a little removeable plastic thingy or you could buy a depresser to do it.

Just make sure the button is not depessed when you give the reg it's overnight soak in freshwater

it will definitely be used...lol. Its my MK25/S600's new buddy on a set of fabers. anyone up for some cavern diving? (will be up for intro in February!)

How do you turn the purge button? I also have a G250V, I read about this in my manual, and I have tried with no luck to turn the button.

I have tried to push it inside, then rotate my finger over it in both directions- nothing happened. It just doesn't want to rotate. Then I have tried to use a more gentle push and rotate, with no luck again. Then I have event tried to rotate the purge button from the normal state. Again, no luck.

So.. how do you really turn it? :)

Back
Top Bottom