Housing advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingtigger

Contributor
Reaction score
In a Frozen Pineapple Under the Sea, Great White N
Ok So I sent my Canon S230 in for repairs (recal problem free fix). They don't have the parts needed so they send me a Canon S3 is as a replacement (no canon underwater housing available).

Should I spend the $600 on an Ikelite housing for the S3?

or

Should I buy a $100 canon housing for our A70 (Wifes camera) and give her the S3?

Thanks all

I'd go for the Ikelite housing. Both cameras have everything you need for underwater shooting, but the S3-IS is much nicer. It's too bad you just popped for the YS-110. It'll work fine with the S3 with an optical connection, but Ikelite's own strobes work best with their housings. The DS-125 is really nice and does ttl with the Ikelite ttl converter for their housing. You can also use 67mm thread mount Inon wet mount lenses on the Ikelite. One question I have. Canon lists the aperture as f2.7-3.5-I assume that is the maximum aperture at different zoom levels only? Generally for UW, you want to have a minimum aperture of at least f8 available. They don't list a minimum aperture in the technical specs. One nice thing about the S3 is that in super macro mode, it focuses down to 0. Sweet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom