http://www.diveheart.org/

Give a Sign of Gratitude to a US Military Member

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis

Reaction score
While I was surfing the web, I ran across a neat website called The Gratitude Campaign. They have produced a video that shows us how to give a sign of gratitude when we meet US Military pesonnel in public. I made a post containing the video on my blog. Visit the link below and take a look. Thanks.

Show Your Gratitude with a Sign

Merry Christmas

Phil Ellis

Tanx for the link there Phil.
Another thing folks can do to show gratitude to our vets is harass your congress critters to increase the VA's health care budget.

One field sorely lacking is the PTSD treatment for current active duty personnel; most current (and discharged) vets have immense difficulty in applying for and receiving disability for PTSD.
"It was a pre-existing condition" is the excuse most often heard excuse for turning them down, not to mention the 2 years it takes for an appeal to be heard.

"Thank you"

.. and thank you Phill for posting that

(video link)

While I was surfing the web, I ran across a neat website called The Gratitude Campaign. They have produced a video that shows us how to give a sign of gratitude when we meet US Military personnel in public. I made a post containing the video on my blog. Visit the link below and take a look. Thanks.

Show Your Gratitude with a Sign

Merry Christmas

Phil Ellis

Thank you for posting the link.

People definitely need to separate there political and philosophical view from the undeniable fact that U.S. military personnel literally put their lives on the line to keep ALL of us safe.

I never want to see military personnel treated like they were when they returned from Vietnam. That was a national disgrace in my opinion.

Many people were too ignorant/stupid to separate the war itself from the service of the military personnel who had no choice in the matter (and didn't run to Canada).

I feel we as a nation were stupid to get into Vietnam but that in no way diminishes the service of our military personnel. Many people seem to forget that in our country the military is ultimately controlled by the civilian leaders and not the military leaders.

Also, as much as I admire John F. Kennedy he is the one who got us into Vietnam in the first place (Eisenhower's role was minimal).

I am jumping off the soapbox now. :)

I am wishing a joyous holiday and a safe New Year to all of our military personnel around the world who are helping to keeping us safe.

:popcorn:

Another thing folks can do to show gratitude to our vets is harass your congress critters to increase the VA's health care budget.

Not just the healthcare budget, but the basic pay and entitlements as well. Including benefits, military members are still a few percentage points behind the inflation curve when compared to comparable civilian jobs.

One field sorely lacking is the PTSD treatment for current active duty personnel; most current (and discharged) vets have immense difficulty in applying for and receiving disability for PTSD.
"It was a pre-existing condition" is the excuse most often heard excuse for turning them down, not to mention the 2 years it takes for an appeal to be heard.

Whoa. That's a huge claim. Care to cite your source?

I dont think that this is the thread for debaiting such as who did what, why, when .. please start another

I dont think that this is the thread for debaiting such as who did what, why, when .. please start another

There's no 'debait' going on.

Bob3 presented a fact, I asked him to cite his source.

As for the topic of the thread: I can see using this gesture if time doesn't allow you to shake a hand and say "Thank you for your service", but it shouldn't replace it in all situations.

:confused2

PM sent....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom