Fabulous Harbor Seal Shots, NOT!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Or, why I'm going nuts sitting in the boat with my bum shoulder while my wife dives. Dive report for today. Carol took my son Matt out for a dive on his quarter break from UC Davis. Vis was great compared to what it's been lately. As they dropped, eight Harbor Seals surrounded the boat watching us, saying "Come play!" They did. Four seals came to visit, one tugging at Matthew's fin and then sniffing his way all the way up to his face, where it stayed, muzzle to mask. Matt flinched and backed away, worried about losing his mask. Spot moved back in. They were followed and harassed pretty much the whole dive. My camera and I sat in the boat and read "American Theocracy". :(

Buck up! Your wife dives! Your son Dives!

Meanwhile I sit in CO enjoying the balmy 20F (highs) weather, and spent a couple hours removing the snow from my driveway!

My next dives MIGHT be next weekend at BH NM, and will not involve ANY cool marine life like those playful seals, rather KOI, and crawdads! The sad part is that a storm is moving in Thursday, and we may have to cancel that!

Hope this bucks you up a bit. If not, read the thread about the guy diving in sewage! :rofl3:

Hey Larry.

How are you doing my friend and how is the shoulder doing??

How much longer do you have out of the water buddy??

I am very happy your family got to enjoy some great diving and fun dive buddies!

Also sorry you could not be there with your camera as we always enjoy your great PIC'S Buddy.

Hope to see you back in Monterey and in the water soon!!

Hey Larry.

How are you doing my friend and how is the shoulder doing??

How much longer do you have out of the water buddy??

Back to diving and back to work March friggin' 1st. Shoulder's not too bad, but I can't do any lifting or overhead. I'll see the Doc on the 27th. I'm hoping it's doing so well he knocks a month off my sentence. Not that I don't enjoy getting paid for sitting on my butt at home, but I'm bored to DEATH, I've gained 10lbs. and they can't find a fully qualified sub, so they have to change every thirty days and I have to start all over telling them how to do my job-not that they listen, they all want to reinvent the wheel.:shakehead:

Hope this bucks you up a bit. If not, read the thread about the guy diving in sewage! :rofl3:
I don't think I'll ever be that desperate! Besides, the backscatter issues would be terrible.

Back to diving and back to work March friggin' 1st. Shoulder's not too bad, but I can't do any lifting or overhead. I'll see the Doc on the 27th. I'm hoping it's doing so well he knocks a month off my sentence. Not that I don't enjoy getting paid for sitting on my butt at home, but I'm bored to DEATH, I've gained 10lbs. and they can't find a fully qualified sub, so they have to change every thirty days and I have to start all over telling them how to do my job-not that they listen, they all want to reinvent the wheel.:shakehead:

Hang in there Larry, I know easy for me to say!

We all look forward to seeing you back at the break water soon my friend.

And I send a nice and speedy recovery to you!

Your camera can read? Dang, I want one!
Nope, it's still in preschool. I have to read to it.:rofl3:
Give them about 2 more years. The technology is there. They already can scan and translate the text to word. I'm sure pretty soon, Sony will come out with a camera that reads aloud when you shoot text. They'll take off all the manual settings for aperture, shutter speed, focus and white balance of course. Oops! They already did that.:wink:
Thanks, everybody. Now I think I'll wallow in some self-pity for a while more.:mooner:

Back
Top Bottom