Yoke to DIN converter just as good as DIN out of the box?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j3rmzh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a question for you all, I currently have a scubapro mk25 1st stage and its got a yoke connector on it.

I eventually want to get into tech diving and am going to be needing DIN regs, if I get the converter to convert my yoke reg to DIN is that just as good as me buying a DIN reg right out of the box?

I guess I just fail to see how the yoke -> DIN converter connects to the reg ...

I'm pretty sure it requires partial disassembly of the regulator where the yoke portion of the reg is removed and a DIN equivalent is installed instead.

Using a DIN to yoke adapter is not the same as it adds nearly an inch inlenght and adds an additional o-ring and potential failure point.

However, switching the yoke and yoke retainer for a DIN converion kit with a new DIN connection and retainer will give you the same regulator configuration you would have had if you bought the reg that way initially.

The Mk 25 uses Scubapro's unoversal DIN kit. If the reg is yoke equipped you remove the old yoke and retainer with a 1" yoke nut socket. You would then install the new DIN connection with a 6 mm allen socket torquing it to 22 ft lbs. The filter and retaining spring fits inside the DIN connection and a small round piece with a hole in the center holds the DIN o-ring in place. It is installed in the DIN retainer with a 1/8" allen wrench.

If a reg is DIN equipped, you screw the small part holding the o-ring out of the connection using a 1/8" allen wrench and then remove the filter. Under the filter is another hex fitting requiring a 6mm Allen wrench to remove.

The yoke/Din connectors thread directly to the first stage, so if you have both you can switch back and forth as needed from yoke to din. Current production cylinders come equipped with 200 bar valves wich are din with the removable yoke adapter plug. Safe diving. Al,:)

Using a DIN to yoke adapter is not the same as it adds nearly an inch inlenght and adds an additional o-ring and potential failure point.

However, switching the yoke and yoke retainer for a DIN converion kit with a new DIN connection and retainer will give you the same regulator configuration you would have had if you bought the reg that way initially.

The Mk 25 uses Scubapro's unoversal DIN kit. If the reg is yoke equipped you remove the old yoke and retainer with a 1" yoke nut socket. You would then install the new DIN connection with a 6 mm allen socket torquing it to 22 ft lbs. The filter and retaining spring fits inside the DIN connection and a small round piece with a hole in the center holds the DIN o-ring in place. It is installed in the DIN retainer with a 1/8" allen wrench.

If a reg is DIN equipped, you screw the small part holding the o-ring out of the connection using a 1/8" allen wrench and then remove the filter. Under the filter is another hex fitting requiring a 6mm Allen wrench to remove.

Are you serious, they mix metric and imperial hex keys (Allen wrenches) in the same regulator first stage?

Using a 6 mm on the DIN connector, which is not designed to be end user changeable, is not really an issue.

Using a 1/8" allen wrench on the o-ring retainer makes sense as it is the same size that is used on the LP nad HP port plugs and changing the o-ring or the filter is something that could potentially be done in the field by an end user.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom