Grand Cayman Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buccaneer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are a few pics I shot in Grand Cayman a few weeks ago. Enjoy!

Attachments

• barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 40
  • diver.jpg
    diver.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 42
  • fairy.jpg
    fairy.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 36
  • macrocoral.jpg
    macrocoral.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 24
  • mermaid.jpg
    mermaid.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Ray1.jpg
    Ray1.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 33
  • ray2.jpg
    ray2.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 34
  • ray3.jpg
    ray3.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 30
  • ray4.jpg
    ray4.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 46
  • seafan.jpg
    seafan.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 50
Very nice, thanks for sharing...

Very nice pics! What setup are you using?

Nice pics, great job on the Rays.

Very nice pics! What setup are you using?

Thanks! I am using an Oly SP-350 with a single YS110 w/ fiber optic. I bought the setup while on this Grand Cayman trip, actually. I had been planning on getting something newer than my old Nikon and Fantasea housing. On the second dive of my trip, the old housing latch broke out of the housing when I opened it after a dive- so that settled it!
For those who aren't familiar with the island, world renowned u/w photographer Cathy Church lives on the island and runs a studio/school/ camera shop at Sunset House. I bought this setup from them. The help and setup they gave me was outstanding! And it was a real treat to meet Cathy.These were my first pics with the camera. I haven't had a chance to use it locally yet. So far I am really happy with it. Allthough I can already tell, I really need to get a wide angle lens, and I want to switch over to TTL.

Nice pics, great job on the Rays.

Thanks! As I said above, this was my first few dives with the camera. I see you are using the same one, so I am sure you use the 4 user programable settings. When I bought the cam they gave me 4 reccomended set-ups that I programmed in for shooting wide angle, macro, super macro, and natural light.

I shot the ray pictures at Stingray City in a max depth of about 17 ft. It was amazinglty clear and very bright (even by cayman standards) so I knew I wouldn't need the flash, but even on my natural light settings the pics were coming out almost completely whited out. I was too new to the camera, and had no idea how to change the settings, so I ended up selecting the pre-setup (for land) "beach" setting in the camera!
I thought it worked pretty good, but I think if I knew what I was doing, I could have gotten it dialed in a little better.

Thanks! As I said above, this was my first few dives with the camera. I see you are using the same one, so I am sure you use the 4 user programable settings. When I bought the cam they gave me 4 reccomended set-ups that I programmed in for shooting wide angle, macro, super macro, and natural light.

Very nice shots. I use the sunset setting for surface silhouettes, and have used some of the other presets occasionally just to see the effect. Can you share the presets they gave you with us? I'd like to see how they compare with what I use.

Very nice shots. I use the sunset setting for surface silhouettes, and have used some of the other presets occasionally just to see the effect. Can you share the presets they gave you with us? I'd like to see how they compare with what I use.

Sure, I will get them posted when I get home later today. BTW: Love your signature- If I could scuba and ride my Roadking together- heaven:D:D

We would have to start some sort of biker/scuba club- Aquatic Angels or something!:eyebrow:

Sure, I will get them posted when I get home later today. BTW: Love your signature- If I could scuba and ride my Roadking together- heaven:D:D

We would have to start some sort of biker/scuba club- Aquatic Angels or something!:eyebrow:

Appreciate you sharing the info.

I can see it now, a big ol' v-twin scooter with an electraglide fairing (better hydrodynamics than a wind/water shield).

Attached is a word doc detailing the setting for the 4 custom proggrammable "MY MODES" settings for the Oly SP350. These are the settings reccomended by Cathy Church's Underwater Photo School. They are for Wide Angle, Macro, Super Macro, and Natural Light. I think it is pretty self explainitory. The left column shows the menu choices in order, as they appear in the My Modes menu. Each consecutive column is labled at the top, and gives the corresponding value of each setting for that particualr mode.

Attachments

• MY MODES.doc
    59 KB · Views: 30
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom