Aqualung Titan LX Supreme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am new to diving and am in the process of getting my own Equipment.

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis MN and there is not a lot of choices for regs. in the dive shops in my area Aqua-Lung, Apex, Sherwood, and maybe Mares.

I am planning on diving in the lakes, old ore mines here and in the Caribbean when we go on cruises.

I am looking for a solid no-frills that is cold water capable, easily maintained and reliable.

I can not justify buying a top of the line reg. for the amount and type of use(recreational diving probably less than 100 ft) I will needing one for.

I can get the Titan LX Supreme for about $300.

or the Legend LX or Legend LX Supeme for about $320-340

I have used a Titan LX Supreme on several dives and found it to be very satisfactory.

Any toughts would be welcome

Claymore

My first regulator was a Titan LX. I still have it as my singles reg. It's been to 130 feet, and I've used it in cold and warm water. I had one freeflow event with it which remains unexplained. It was cold water, but not that cold (48) and I've had it in colder and with similar air demands on it, without problems.

Anyway, it's a GREAT reg for the price. Mine has a couple hundred dives on it, and other than that one problem, it's been fault-free. It doesn't breathe quite as well as my SP MK25/S600s, but they are more than twice the price!

I bought a Titan LX Supreme from Scuba Center in Eagan this last year. I'm taking it out ice diving in February, and I don't expect any problems at all. It breathes just fine and I've never had a problem with it in Wazee, Superior, or even the muck that is Square Lake :)

I just replaced my titan lx supreme, I dove it for 3 years without any problems for the most part. I did have one issue and that was when I dove I was getting tremendous dry mouth so bad it would make me throw up after most dives. I now dive a scuba pro mk25 / s600 and so far my dry mouth issues is no more. I still have a titan on my pony bottle and feel for the money it is a solid setup. I dive mostly 100 foot depths and my deepest on the titan was 135'. you can find that regulator on liesure pro for around 200 bucks. I dove mine 3 yrs with no service and sold it off on ebay. i got back 150.00 so 50 bucks for 3 yrs use isnt bad. I would say spend the extra 40 bucks on the legend if it were me if you say you can get one for 340 compared to 300 for a titan.

Late to the party again, but my 2psi....

I've put about 85 dives on my Titan LX, from 45F to 85F, down to 140fsw, literally all over the Pacific. A top-shelf reg, and the only reason I'm even considering another is so I can have 2 HP ports (the Titan only has one).
One of the Legend regs offers the cool ACD feature, which is neat but not terribly essential.

That price has to be wrong. MSRP for a new Legend LX is like $599 or $635 or something like that (w/o looking).

That's why it is extremely good! I want it to be right and available to me (meme)! But I very much doubt it because I have not seen it that low even on the cheapest non-authorized channels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom