Slimline Sunspot-Dead/Dieing, need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucknorris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a DR slimline sunspot I bought last Jan. Got about 50 dives on it. About 15-20 dives ago the o-ring blew out during a dive and it flooded. I have heard that batteries can produce gasses when they get wet but it had never been flooded before. I brought it back to the shop and they tested it, and called diverite, it charged, worked and held that charge so I figured it was a good light and it was okay. But I went to charge the light before my dive the other day and the charger immediately went to blinking green (meaning it is currently charging a battery) as soon as I plugged it in to the wall, even before I attached the battery pack. I attached the pack and it charged for about a half hour before it went solid green (finished charging). It turned on for about 2 minutes before it crapped out on me. I don't know if just one is dead, or both or what...I doubt diverite will warrantee it so....I need help!

Thanks!
Drew

I've got a DR slimline sunspot I bought last Jan. Got about 50 dives on it. About 15-20 dives ago the o-ring blew out during a dive and it flooded. I have heard that batteries can produce gasses when they get wet but it had never been flooded before. I brought it back to the shop and they tested it, and called diverite, it charged, worked and held that charge so I figured it was a good light and it was okay. But I went to charge the light before my dive the other day and the charger immediately went to blinking green (meaning it is currently charging a battery) as soon as I plugged it in to the wall, even before I attached the battery pack. I attached the pack and it charged for about a half hour before it went solid green (finished charging). It turned on for about 2 minutes before it crapped out on me. I don't know if just one is dead, or both or what...I doubt diverite will warrantee it so....I need help!

Thanks!
Drew

Hi Drew,

The light will still be considered for warranty. Please contact our service department at service@diverite.com and Jess will set you up with an RMA, get all the details she needs to run a proper evaluation and take care of you. Please contact her on January 2nd when we return to the office so you do not overextend the warranty period.

Best,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom