ABWA - 2nd Annual Feb Dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This year in February, several SubaBoarders met up at Alabama Blue Water Adventure (ABWA/Pelham AL) and did a few dives. (Some more than others. :p) We were kindly hosted by Clay and his family.

The air temp was 32F or less degrees while the water was a warm 45F degrees or so. So, needless to say, it was warmer (@!#^$#@??) in the water. :) I know I had a great time, even though it was quite cold during the SIs but, we all made fun of Denise. So good times! :p

I'm posting this now, as I got clearance from the boss (wife) to dive that day.

The date will be February 2nd. According to the site, they are open from 9 AM till sunset. If the weather permits and the temp permits as well, we should be able to get at least 3 to 4 dives in. Even with extended SIs to warm up with.

We can meet up afterwards at Hooters unless *cough*Clay*cough* or someone is interested in hosting us again.

Either way, all are invited and I will be there along with FrankC.

Hope to see you all there. If you want, we could also bring food and eat lunch at ABWA. I'm game to bring food.

So, please post if you are interested in going.

Michael

Im definitely interested. I had planned to try for March, but this might work better. Now I need to secure some drygloves!

It would for me! LOL!

Im definitely interested. I had planned to try for March, but this might work better. Now I need to secure some drygloves!

That'd be great! I've been wanting to meet you and dive with you quite sometime now.

Would wet diving be unadvisable?

Eh, I dove with a 3mm Henderson gold and 3mm shorty. Wasn't to bad, as long as I stayed in the water and was moving. :)

It would for me! LOL!

Mr. Dry Suit.. *pfff* I'll have mine soon. Although, I need to send it off and get it altered.

Hmmm... Pelham hooters has some real talent, I may be interested :dork2:

Just say "Hooters" and Mat chimes in!

Several dived wet last year.

Guilty.

5mm??? In 45F water? You guys are CRAZY! How long were the dives?

Back
Top Bottom