Anything going on in Gulf Shores Jan 25-28?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirlblues

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A few of us will be traveling down from Rhode Island, and we'd like to do some diving on the weekend. Any advice from you divers on where to go or who to go with at this time of year?

xoxo Taren

A few of us will be traveling down from Rhode Island, and we'd like to do some diving on the weekend. Any advice from you divers on where to go or who to go with at this time of year?

xoxo Taren

How many divers? If you want to try to set up a boat trip, call Gary at Gary's Gulf Divers (algulfdiver on the board). If you need to fill the boat, let me know, and I could likely make it over there on the 26th or 27th. Maybe drag one other, depending on the depth/complexity/Their plans. H4's got a Rescue Course Makeup class scheduled, but he could probably book you on somebody's boat. (Gary's Gulf Divers, Full Service Dive Shops, Orange Beach, Alabama)

For Beach diving, contact SuPrBuGmAn, he could show you the Whiskey Wreck

High tide is ~5:00 on Saturday, and 4:00 pm on Sunday, so the Jetties should be doable, too.

Springs are about 2 hrs away, and Pensacola also offers some beach and boat possibilities (about 1-1.5hrs away)

What dates will you be around? EDIT: Could I possibly read the thread's title? Apparently not...

Several beach dives, skill level required will depend on daily changing conditions. Lots of really great offshore stuff, with a couple good ops in the area(I preffer 6 packs like the one Gary's Gulf Diver uses, but others like larger boats like Down Unders Newton).

Springs are just a couple hours East in FL's panhandle, and are fairly reliable in the winter... when the Gulf isn't so much so...

Thanks for all your replies! There will be 3 divers among us, 2 newly certified divers and myself, their instructor. We'll be available to dive Saturday & Sunday, and possibly Friday afternoon/Monday morning (one dive only) as two of us are flying in/out on those days.

I'm interested in doing night dives as well, but I think I might be alone in this... I love diving all day & night, but my friends might not be quite so committed (or committable?) In any case, if we could join a boat dive on Saturday or Sunday, we'd all be thrilled!

We're interested in boat dives or shore dives - the Whiskey wreck looks great, and easily accessible. As we're not familiar with the area's diving, I'm doing as much research as possible beforehand...

I will try to get hold of Gary to see what it will take to open a boat trip...
Otherwise, there seem to be a few shore dives possible...

Are you guys wearing full suits? We have full 7mm suits, obviously :wink:. What are you all wearing?

Looking forward to being there... will be nice to hook up with other divers, too!

xoxo Taren

With the air and water temps what they are right now I wear my 6.5 mm semi-dry with hood which is very comfortable. Your 7mm should be just fine, but if you don't have a hood I would recommend that you get one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom