Life-Expectancy Calculator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Now this isn't a joke. Seriously.

The Living to 100 Life-Expectancy Calculator was developed by Dr. Thomas Perls, founder of the New England Centenarian Study, the largest study of centenarians and their families in the world. The people working on the study are vigorously looking for the genetic key to longevity

The calculator asks you 40 quick questions related to your health and family history, and takes about 10 minutes to complete. (It takes longer if you lie or cheat, so be honest!)

It calculates how many years you are likely to live based on your lifestyle, by incorporating numerous observational studies and actuarial science, a method using statistical and mathematical research (this is used by insurance companies to determine how healthy you are compared to others in your age group.) The average life expectancy in the United States is about 75 years old; most of the people taking the test fall near there.

Living To 100 Life Expectancy Calculator

I may hit 83 and if good to 91. :popcorn:

93 over here.

Hopefully the Scuba Gods won't get me before then.

I think spending 3 hours a day on SB adds 5 years to life expectancy :)

Hmmm, I seem to have somehow missed an actual number. I got information about increasing my life expectancy but no number to start with. My family tends to die young, I do know that much.
Ber :lilbunny:

I made it to 87 y/o and if I cut out caffeine I could add another 0.5 years. :11:
Not worth it, but I may do some of the other things suggested. :D

after spending 10 minutes filling it out the site crashed, isn't that fun?

Finally got a number! 91 if I don't change anything.
Ber :lilbunny:

90 to 96? I don't believe it. But I was honest....

Back
Top Bottom