Gilboa is Frozen Mon 1/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
You may want to call first before heading out for OW diving. Even though most of the quarry was open on Sunday 1/26, with night time temps around -12°F, the ice formed approx 1.25" thick overnight.

It may be clear by weekend if the air temps are in the mid 30°'s as expected.

dgreatlakesdivr once bubbled...
Is the quarry still frozen over?

Yep... I was out talking to Mike today (Saturday) and the ice is 2-4" thick... It's probably going to take an extended warm spell to break the hold. I just looked at the 10 day extended forecast and I don't see anything promising for a while.

I hope it it gone by our March trip.

Chad

Hi Chad,

Is your trip to Gilboa scheduled for March 22 & 23? Nitrox Junkie & I are going to try to join you on Saturday, March 22. Hopefully the ice will be gone by then at least at the deep platform.

Deb

than we have had in a while......The area below the dam around our place is froze over also along with many of the faster running waterways......Coldest winter in a while i guess......

Is this the case in most places??

Hi Chad,

Nitrox Junkie & I are going to try to join you on Saturday, March 22. Hopefully the ice will be gone by then at least at the deep platform.

Deb

Hey Deb

Since there is so much ice we should get a hold of John & Bob from Toledo to see if they would like to do an ice dive with us.. What do ya think?

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Hi Chad,

Is your trip to Gilboa scheduled for March 22 & 23? Nitrox Junkie & I are going to try to join you on Saturday, March 22. Hopefully the ice will be gone by then at least at the deep platform.

Deb

That is the trip. I hope the water is liquid by then or I might have to cancel again and I still feel bad about the cancelation last time.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Chad

Looks like Bruce and I are "in" for the March trip. I have to work Sunday night but we'll be able to dive Sat. with a possible single dive Sun.

:) :) :)
Ber :bunny:

That is great news.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom