DIN adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micklock

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if a din adaptor off a seaquest XR2 will work on a new sherwood maximus?

Shouldn't be a problem. DIN threads are DIN threads.

Does anyone know if a din adaptor off a seaquest XR2 will work on a new sherwood maximus?

Do you mean the adapter to turn a regulator DIN fitting into a yoke?
Yes

Or do you mean the part which screws into a 1st stage and has DIN threads on the outside and various manufacturer specific threads holding it onto the 1st stage?
Unlikely.

I mean the second part of your answer. Just thought I might save 50$ if I could of used the din fitting off my old regs, all my tanks are din. I found a picture of a sherwood din connector and it looks like it's female and my seaquest are male. Thanks for your help.

I mean the second part of your answer. Just thought I might save 50$ if I could of used the din fitting off my old regs, all my tanks are din. I found a picture of a sherwood din connector and it looks like it's female and my seaquest are male. Thanks for your help.

This is a little old, but yes, the sherwood first stage has a Male thread on it. Most other first stages have a female thread on them, although the female thread seems somewhat standard. Sherwood is the only reg I know of that has a male thread on the first stage-Din/Yoke Fitting.

Tom

Thanks for the help, I ended up buying a Dive Rite Hurricane reg for $399.95 new from an authorized dealer. Gotta love the internet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom