Compass problem on new Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arkid

Registered
Reaction score
So i just bought a couple of Wisdoms, one for me and the wife, but the compass on one of them has been assembled wrong. The red line that is supposed to go from front to back (I believe the "Lubberline") is turned 90 degrees so it goes from one side to the other.
I tried to twist it inside the compass housing but it will only turn a little and then it stops. It feels like there is some kind of ridge that it's supposed to sit in when it is properly lined up and I can't twist it passed this ridge.
I don't want to force it for fear of snapping something. Is there any way of getting the compass out of the housing and properly seating it again on the correct line?
Thanks.

Send it back. Don't mess with it and risk screwing up the unit and the warranty.

Take the units back to the dealer you purchased them from. They will be able to fix the compass there on site.

Good Diving,

Sherwood Scuba

If you don't have a local Sherwood dealer you can send it to us, we are an authroized Sherwood dealer and repair center. We will be happy to take care of it.

Larry

I took it back to Sport Chalet and they popped it out and placed it back in the right way.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom