Camera Mask - For Real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Stick your tongue in your cheek, and take a look at this combination camera/mask, from some California company, just launched today (Jan. 2nd).
Apparently, it retails for about $100, takes up to 5mp shots, as well as video, and is SD card upgradable. There's a heads-up crosshair to align your shots, as well as in-mask LEDs to give you camera status.
Definitely scores high points in the uber-geek circles...

img.php

Got a link?

Gotta get one of these - but where do I mount my strobes !!!

Here's the link for randini Loading...

Gotta get one of these - but where do I mount my strobes !!!

Here's the link for randini Loading...

Stick one in each ear....but if you want rear lighting.....ya know!!

It looks like the digital equivalent of the $15 throwaway film cameras. Although if someone wanted to spend $100 to have a memento of a vacation, hiring a pro videographer to make you a DVD seems like a better deal to me.

I would like to find a small, cheap solid state video camera that I could clip to my mask strap to record an entire dive. Quality would be poor in anything that wasn't very expensive, particularly in my dark home waters, but that's OK for "black box" video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom