Louisiana divers survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captain

Contributor
Reaction score
This survey is for Louisiana divers. Besides the Gulf of Mexico oil rigs what are your favorite Louisiana dive sites.
I know other than the Gulf Louisiana waters aren't exactly great diving but is there water close to your home that you dive.
Mine is Lake Ponchatrain, not great but some good days can be had and it is only two miles from home.

This survey is for Louisiana divers. Besides the Gulf of Mexico oil rigs what are your favorite Louisiana dive sites.
I know other than the Gulf Louisiana waters aren't exactly great diving but is there water close to your home that you dive.
Mine is Lake Ponchatrain, not great but some good days can be had and it is only two miles from home.

I've never dived the lake, but would like to check out the reefballs sometime. I've only dived the rigs.

Oh, and the pool at Harry's! Once.

Doesn't anyone dive candy mountain?

Captain,

I have been wanting to explore the lake for years, but haven't found people too excited about it because of the shallow, brackish water. I live in Springfield near Ponchatoula. Give me a shout sometime when you are going out in the lake, and I would love to get into that.

Other than the rigs, I have never dove at another site in Louisiana. I would imagine that Lake Maurepas may also have some interesting diving. Also, it may be interesting to traverse some waterways including Bayou St. John. Like I said, give me a shout.

Regards,

I'm so new, I don't have favorites yet! Doing my first "local" as well as post-cert. dive next weekend in Gulf Shores, but can't wait to get more experience!

I have been diving along the Causeway and along the train bridge near Slidell. Always near the north shore.

I have been doing some interesting diving on the east Pearl with some unrealistic visibility, 6 feet some days and as much as 15 to 20 on others depending on the tides. This is on some sunken history. The old Clubhouse Pilings out of Bayou Liberty, just into the Lake, is a great night dive if you catch a setting high tide. It is a really cool reef dive. Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom