So people, what do you think of this camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to try the underwater photography forum. Good luck! BTW I'm a big fan of Fuji cameras I've got the recently discontinued S9100 and it's pretty awesome once it's dialed in.

Billy
Thanks. I got a PM from a mod suggesting that they move it for me. Stupid me thought that was where I had posted it. Thanks for the feedback.

For what? There are no housings made for it and I doubt that there will be. The lens moves to far to practically (sp?) house.

Dave

I had the same thought... nice camera, but not for uw use...

Here are some owner reviews from digideep.

List of underwater housings that turn the Olympus SP-560 UZ into an underwater camera

Some were happy, most weren't. Slow focus, especially zoomed and in low light. Poor picture quality at extremes of wide and zoom. Also, to accommodate the Pinocchio lens, it has a weird rectangular housing port, which apparently has a habit of reflecting back camera parts into your picture when used with flash underwater.

How about a G-9 (6x optical) with a teleconverter?

Lensmateonline - Canon PowerShot G9/G7 Telephoto Samples

Thanks for the link. I've been hearing good things about the G9. Oh why did my oly 7070 have to flood and force me to make a new decision? (i'm not good at deciding) :rofl3:

logo_thumbs_infidel.gif

IMHO NO on both the Fuji and Olympus 18X zoom cameras for underwater use. The 18X zoom is great for land but worthless underwater. No Ikelite housings for either but an Oly housing for their model.

I'd go with the Canon G9 or it's slightly less featured sister, the A650IS

Back
Top Bottom