Nitek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medic0506

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a Nitek computer and this is my first computer so excuse me if this is a stupid question. My problem is that the computer is always displaying the time and such (never turns off). Is this normal, and if not, how do I fix this? Thanks for your help and, again, I appologize if this is a dumb question.

-Jim

It's normal. It won't run down the battery. My Duo lasted almost 2 years and a almost 300 dives before needing a battery change.

Yes, this is normal operation. It is a "live" computer in that it is always sensing pressure changes.

Jerry

Awesome thanks guys, sorry for the newbie computer user question. Another quick question. Can I plan multiple dives?

No problem. Better to ask than not know. I don't use the planning function on the computer, but I think you can only plan one dive at a time.

I just bought a Nitek computer and this is my first computer so excuse me if this is a stupid question. My problem is that the computer is always displaying the time and such (never turns off). Is this normal, and if not, how do I fix this? Thanks for your help and, again, I appologize if this is a dumb question.

-Jim

My first Nitek battery lasted 7 years. It is normal for the display to be on all the time. If you want, wet two fingers and touch the two probes at either end of the display. That will simulate the start of a dive.

It's a good computer. I have had no trouble with it at all. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom