Regulator hose setup/Atomic Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudgonzo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm having a few hose routing problems with this regulator. The 1st stage has 2 HP ports and 7 LP ports, with on of the LP ports on the bottom of the assembly. I recently added a wireless transmitter to the 2nd HP port and this kind of threw off the routing I had previously.

With the reg attached to the tank, I had the "neck" of the 1st stage with the LP ports facing down and off a little to one side, with my octo hose attached the the bottom LP port. With the addition of the transmitter, the 2nd stage hose has to go either over or under the transmitter and tends to tug at it or put strain on it. Without going to a longer hose for either the 2nd stage or the octo to use one of the ports on the opposite side of the 1st stage, the only thing I can think of is to attach the 1st stage to the tank with the neck and all the LP ports on the top, and the 2HP ports on the bottom. If I do this, I'm thinking the LP hoses will "block" the transmitter, plus I don't think I've seen a reg setup this way.

Any help and suggestions appreciated

I have the Z2 as well and your original setup is what I use. You might try swapping your transmitter to the HP port on the other side. I did this and it still works fine (not sure if your using your other HP Port). I've seen folks mount their turrets facing up all though I don't like this setup as it looks to be more of an entanglement hazard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom