Body for Life Challenge I (12 weeks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone,

Beginning today, my wife and I are joining two other couples in the "Body for Life" challenge.

This challenge runs from January 5 through March 29, 2008.

If you'd like to join me on the challenge, just post in this thread at any time, even in the middle of the challenge.

(To learn more, read the book "Body for Life" by Bill Phillips, or check out the challenge on Body-for-LIFE)

I'll post my results on a weekly basis, and look forward to a healthier 2008! :crafty:

but - a word of caution about upper body weightlifting - be cautious if you have ever had symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome (fingers fall asleep when driving in the 10/2 position is the most common one). If you have it, and it progresses to Deep Vein Thrombosis, you will have problems obtaining health insurance for the rest of your life, even if you restore full circulation and require no additional treatment. (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Symptoms, Warning Signs and Treatment Information on MedicineNet.com )

(Been living with it for 20 years now. Living with it isn't a problem for me, and none of my doctors predict it will ever be - but insurance actuaries apparently differ. It's a royal pain not to be able to find health insurance for me and my family for under $1400/month.)

Hi Gang,

OK... I'm ready to post my Week 1 results...

Starting Weight Overall: 360
Starting Weight This Week: 360
Current Weight: 352
Loss for the Week: 8 pounds

% of total weight lost this week: 2.23%
% of total weight lost overall: 2.23%

My goal for the 12 weeks was to lose 30 pounds, so I'm well on my way!

Mood: :D

Fabulous that you are getting into shape!! Looking forward to seeing your progress and cheering you on :)

As an aside? I saw a note on the local bulletin board that our new gym is offering this here.

I find it odd that every person that I looked at from the link also took supplements, I guess he also pushes that (that his company just happens to make) in the book. Not for me at all - I couldn't do that forever!

Fabulous that you are getting into shape!! Looking forward to seeing your progress and cheering you on :)

As an aside? I saw a note on the local bulletin board that our new gym is offering this here.

I find it odd that every person that I looked at from the link also took supplements, I guess he also pushes that (that his company just happens to make) in the book. Not for me at all - I couldn't do that forever!

Hi Alcina,

Thanks! :) Yes, his company also makes nutrition supplements, but he encourages people to eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and lean meats on the program.

He says that many people find it hard to prepare 6 separate meals a day, so he offers nutrition shakes and such as a convenience, but his program is designed to be done with or without them, and one would achieve excellent results both ways.

My free day is almost over, so I'll be back on the program for week 2 starting tomorrow :)

DiverBry - Have you checked out his cookbook for recipes while doing this? My husband and I will often make recipes out of the book and have found them to be relatively easy to make and generally pretty tasty. Last night we tried the Rosemary-Balsamic chicken, couscous and brocolli. It was Yum! If you want the recipe - let me know, I'd be happy to PM it to you (or post it here provided I am not breaking any rules by doing so).

Best wishes in your 12 weeks!

DiverBry - Have you checked out his cookbook for recipes while doing this? My husband and I will often make recipes out of the book and have found them to be relatively easy to make and generally pretty tasty. Last night we tried the Rosemary-Balsamic chicken, couscous and brocolli. It was Yum! If you want the recipe - let me know, I'd be happy to PM it to you (or post it here provided I am not breaking any rules by doing so).

Best wishes in your 12 weeks!

Hi Sarita, thanks for the best wishes... yeah, I'd love to get that recipe... I'm sure it is okay to post.

OK, I'm a little late with this one, but I thought I'd go ahead and catch up tonight on the stats:

Starting Weight This Week: 352
Current Weight: 352
Loss for the Week: 0 pounds

% of total weight lost this week: 0.00%
% of total weight lost overall: 2.23%

Mood: :confused:

nice Bry - youre maintaining what you have lost already!

well done and keep going!!!!

Starting Weight This Week: 352
Current Weight: 349
Loss for the Week: 3 pounds

% of total weight lost this week: 0.85%
% of total weight lost overall: 3.08%

Mood: :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom