Clark Hill/Lake Thurmond 1-6-08, Augusta, GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Two of us dove Sunday afternoon. Beautiful surface conditions (65 degrees, sunny, no wind) and underwater conditions were also great - vis was 10-15', water temp 51-52 degrees. Lake is still about 13' down. We dove down to the three big rocks then turned northeast up past the pool filters and the 40' ledge (at 27' today) at a leisurely pace. We dropped down to the angel statue (41' today) and went through the trench and right to the bouy line. We then dropped down to the 100' wall (at 87') and reached a max depth of 95'. I dove the wall mostly without light (I prefer the moonlit night look). Lots of small fry and a couple of cats at depth (small fry found throughout various depths today - appears to be higher O2 level at depth). We ascended upward towards the end of the 100' wall to the big stump - more small fish here. We then turned South along the 50' ledge and dropped down to the forest. Exiting the forest, it was back through the trench, past the angel, South along the 40' ledge and upward to our safety stop and exit. Dive time was 1:01 and max depth was 95'. Exposure protection was 7mm X-cell wetsuit with hooded vest, 5mm gloves and 7mm boots. I was warm throughout the dive. My dive buddy wore his drysuit. Nice day of diving.

Thanks for the report, I enjoyed it. One day I will have to head over there.

J:

Hopfully it will stay that good for next weekend. I should be there early Sat. morning. I am talking to a friend about coming up as well. Maybe I can talk him into letting be use his dry suit. hahaha! We'll just have to see how well my 7mm simi dry is. Hopfully it want be to bad. I should know this week if he is going to go. Talk later.

If I can get my tanks done this afternoon I'm still going to try to make it. I was checking my tank and come to find out that all except 1 are out of Vis. My normal shop has been on Vac. for the last 2wks. so I've been going crazy. Not use to this.

Willard, I think I met you down at Ralph's one day. I've been trying to get ahold of him from Beaufort. Is he open? Zero Gravity I'm talking about?

Willard, I think I met you down at Ralph's one day. I've been trying to get ahold of him from Beaufort. Is he open? Zero Gravity I'm talking about?

Yeah he's back. He was on Vac. for about 2 weeks. Closed Sun and Tue..

sweet thanks. I'll keep trying him. Is he usually there on Sat? I may bring a few tanks. I'm in the market for 2 new tanks. But haven't decided which size yet. Want to have them for EAN only. Don't want to double so I've been looking at LP108's or HP120's.

Hey G, still looking foward to diving soon. Maybe we can run up to Clarks Hill sometime as it sounds like they have some interesting diving there. (and it was the first place I ever dove scuba). I am going to Brunswick this weekend and was going to drop a couple of tanks in Sav to pick back up on the way back.

DiveProf: Are you open to divers from down here coming up and joining you?

Sure, we have folks joining us all the time. Eight divers last Sat. enjoyed the cool refreshing temps:D (51 degrees). Unfortunately, conditions were not great at depth (10-12' down to about 40' then dropping to just a couple of feet at depth). We had a high wind event and a significant amount of rain during the week prior to the dive. We are planning a dive this Sunday at 1pm. I'll pm you contact info.

Back
Top Bottom