Opinion on reg choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpomerantz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know I will get opinions as I have never experienced the board members to not have any so here goes....

Looking to get a new reg. Presently use a Tusa RS230. I have narrowed it down to:

Zeagle Envoy Deluxe
Apeks XTX40
Aqualung Legend ACD LX

I need one that has room where the HP is to accept a wireless transmitter (Atmos Elite)

Thanks!!

Zeagle isn't that popular in our market so didn't have direct experience. I have great experiences with Apeks and Aqualung regs though. You might also want to look into the availability of the service and parts. I think Apeks might be less complicated when it comes to this since the first stages uses the same service kits whether it's XTX40, 50, 100, or 200. Same for the seconds as well. Aqualung would be more specific (on different models) in this case.

Hope this helps.

Zeagles are fantastic reliable regs, and all of the diaphragm first stages use the same service kit, regardless if its an envoy, flathead, DSV etc. Very easy breathings regs and great customer support and service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom