Apeks Egress connecting the hose to the 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ali_g187

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently bought an Apeks Egress and am a little concerned about the connection between the 2nd stage and the hose. They appear to just screw together to hand tight but with nothing to tighten and secure the connection surely it could come unscrewed far too easily to be safe. Am I missing something? This is my first apeks reg so if i'm being an idiot please tell me.

Thanks
ali_g187

Did I miss something. Where did he say he didn't buy it from a dive shop?

I bought the Egress from deepbluedive.com and had assumed that it would come with the hose attached to the 2nd stage ready to be assembled with the 1st stage i already own. Has anyone else bought an Egress and put it together themselves? I have assembled it but i am just concerned that the 2nd stage can come unscrewed from the hose far too easily.

I have an Egress, but again I bought from a LDS and it was assembled. I just attached to my First stage. Sorry.

Get a crescent wrench and tighten the fitting on the hose end where it meets the 2nd stage about 1/16 of a turn. It does not need much tightening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom