Looking for Dacor LP seats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimAZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for low pressure seats for Dacor Quantum/Enduro/Extreme 2nd stages. Dacor of course has stopped producing them. Any help finding a few would be appreciated.

(nod) Yeah, it's for a friend with an LDS who sold a bunch of these years ago and feels bad that he can't offer service to his customers because Dacor (Mares) wont support its products.

I don't know if this is much help but I saw this in an eBay Guide a couple weeks ago - dated 10/07:

While the person posting the information saying Dacor gear is not serviceable, it is only partially true. There are dealers who still have a stock of Dacor Parts for doing repairs. Many Dacor dealers saw what was happening to the line and decided to stock up on the inventory of parts ahead of the HTM purchase and the running of the Dacor Brand into the ground. There are several dealers in the Chicago area who when the Dacor warehouse in Northfield was being closed down bought a large inventory of parts to support the products that they spent the last 30 years selling and using.

I'm looking for low pressure seats for Dacor Quantum/Enduro/Extreme 2nd stages. Dacor of course has stopped producing them. Any help finding a few would be appreciated.

If they use a hockey puck style LP seats, Trident makes a couple sized aftermarket seats that might do the job.

I would also recommend trying the following contact. He used to work for Dacor and is now operating his own service and repair business. I believe he still has the capacity to work on older Dacor regulators.

Scuba Tech
Jerry Powell
262 843 2293
Salem Wisconsin

Thanks for all the info here and to those who pm'd me. I'm sure to find them through one of these sources.

I would also recommend trying the following contact. He used to work for Dacor and is now operating his own service and repair business. I believe he still has the capacity to work on older Dacor regulators.

Scuba Tech
Jerry Powell
262 843 2293
Salem Wisconsin

I know Jerry, and he is one heck of a nice guy. He also knows more about Dacor gear than anyone I have ever met.

Greg Barlow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom