Good bang for the buck second stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pair of Oceanic CDX5/Omega II regulators sitting in my closet that I want to use for stage/deco/spare doubles regs. The thing is, I've fallen out of love with the Omega II seconds stages. I liked them at first but then I had a few instances that soured me somewhat on using them. So since the first stages are good little pieces of kit, and I would like to put them into use for deco or as spare doubles regs, I want something that has good reliable performance, but isn't going to make me broke since they aren't my primary regs. Obviously I've considered different Oceanic second stages but would like to get some other ideas to ponder before making my choice.

Jim

How are the ScubaPro second stages in cold water?

I use AquaLung, Titan LX supreme and a Calypso/Titan Octopus . They are great in cold water (had them down to 32F and dive in the 30's all the time)and I also have a spare Calypso/Titan Octopus I am going to put on a pony. You won't go wrong getting these and the price isn't to bad.

Have you had it past 45 degrees? 45 would be warm for me on most of my dives in the summer. I've heard conflicting issues on cold water tolerance for ScubaPro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom