Diving in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geodivegirl

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to go to egypt diving for the first time in Mayish...
Best options advice needed. Checked out camel dive and they look good. Want to go pretty cheaply so is booking a package a better option? My main concern and i apologise if i sound snotty but I'll be travelling solo and i';ve got plenty of experience so i don't want beginner dives stuck with a buddy who sucks his tank dry. How big are dive groups in peoples experience and where are the places i should hit. I'm hoping to combine it with a trip to the pyramids so any suggestions on that would be recommended aswell. Where i live here in costa rica the water temp is about 78F/ 28C and i'm in a 5mm for teaching and classes so any ideas on the water temp at that time would be welcome too. Just looking for diving for me and a break from students and teaching so maybe liveaboard? is better than land based do you think?
Ta for any advice

Hi! We used Camel Dive last year and were really impressed, so in April, we'll be back again, staying at their hotel too. Our dive club uses then loads too. Check out how many times they're going there this year! [URL="http://www.scubanuts.co.uk/". By package do you mean for the accommodation or for the dives? We tend to book in 10s for dives. The dive groups do vary but last year my buddy and I kept going until we were down to 50 bar, rather than have to come up when the gas guzzlers did.
Pyramids. We've never done these as a flight is required to reach then in a reasonable amount of time, so it just takes too many days away from diving, but that depends on how long you're there for.
Exposure. The water temp will probably be about 24C at that time of year. I find a 5mm just ok without hood and full foot fins, so with those you might be alright. Having said that, many of the dive guides are still in their dry suits in April/May.
Never done a liveaboard, so can't comment.

All the best

Jon

May is a perfect month to go for a diving. You should expect 25C sea temperature. 5mm wetsuit without a hood is completely enough to make your dives comfortable. Dive groups usually consist of 6 to 8 divers per guide.

I would advice you to go with a smaller co. to be able to get private guide who can keep up with you rather then stick with a big group....

Ta for that, im going to do a little bit more research first b4 porbably more questions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom