Vortex and Morrison Report 01/05-01/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The wife and I headed out of Georgia at 4am Saturday morning to do a little diving.

Our first stop was Vortex. When we arrived it was a nice chilly 40 degrees out. The water temp was the Vortex norm (so I'm told) at 67 degrees.

We were super excited to head here as we had heard good things. The place is fairly clean, and staff were great.

Finally a chance to breakin the drysuit, or was it going to break me???:wink:

We dawned our gear, and off we went.

surface.jpg

Soon we were playing, and unfortunately I was playing with my bouyancy in the drysuit. You would have thought I was on a pogo stick as much as I went up and down (nothing bad).

coming.jpg

Next time I'm going to use the BC I think. While I felt decent at times. I felt like I had way to much air in the suit at times. I was 42 pounds full of lead with a Faber 100 steel on my back. I weigh 200 pounds.

Someone is having too much fun.

mermaid2.jpg

Next we played with the fish. Some liked there photo taken others turned the other way.:mooner:

fish1.jpg

Next we decided to head for the cave opening. None of my shots of the eels turned out well, but this came out decent.:confused:Yeah, we know...

scubawarning.jpg

We decided to head back up.

cavern.jpg

Gaining some composure finally I decided it was time for a team hug/group shot. My wife is too much fun. Except when she's leaving my zipper open!:no

scubatj.jpg

We headed to Morrison on Sunday to find they had started construction on the new park, and the area itself was little blown out. YUCK!

morrison1.jpg

All in all it was a fun trip!

Looks like vis at Vortex is back up from last weekend's reports. Thanks for the report on Morrison as well, I wondered when they'd start construction on the new park. My kinda report, pics and all! :D Sounds like you two had some fun!

That was my thought exactly, that viz. had increased a good bit from the time I was there a week ago.....Morrison looked the same though.

Looks like vis at Vortex is back up from last weekend's reports. Thanks for the report on Morrison as well, I wondered when they'd start construction on the new park. My kinda report, pics and all! :D Sounds like you two had some fun!

Back
Top Bottom