Where to buy lens in Sth San Francisco???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hi guys, hubby brother is heading to Sth San Francisco and hubby wants him to buy a Nikkor 60mm lense while he is there

any suggestions on the better place to go to for buying this??

many thanks!

you mite want to check out calumet its in san francisco on bryant street the have a good web site as well. there is also Keeble & Schucat in Palo Alto there about a 40 min bart ride from SF. K&S is located on California Avenue in Palo Alto, two blocks east of El Camino Real (highway). One store has all the new Nikon gear, while the other store has several cases full of used Nikon gear. Their phone number is (650) 327-8996, and they are open Mon-Sat, 9:00 - 5:30.

forgot to mention that K&S is closed on sundays

here is there address
calumet
2001 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

I second the recommendation for Calumet.

Calumet San Francisco - CALUMET

Or if he's up for a nice afternoon drive south, Backscatter in Monterey is one of the better u/w photo dealers in the U.S. It's about an hour drive each way. I'd call first.

i think it is closer to about 2 hours to monterey from the city IMHO but it is well worth the drive they have plenty to drool on in that shop plus he could sneak in a dive with your hubbies new lens

:clapping: THANKYOU very much for the info!

i knew if i asked the question here someone would have some answers :hugs:

Calumet seems to be the best choice AND their great site allowed me to just punch in the start address and i have printed details on how to get there (what did we ever do before the internet and gps!)

hubby super happy with info so thanks again!

edit: and hehehe, hubby brother doesnt dive but hubby drooling over these recommendations!

i think it is closer to about 2 hours to monterey from the city IMHO but it is well worth the drive they have plenty to drool on in that shop plus he could sneak in a dive with your hubbies new lens
It is, 120 miles. I was thinking of the San Jose airport since I used to fly in there a lot in another life...

We take about 1:45 from Livermore every weekend to Monterey. It's very close to the same distance from SF. Just hop on 101 and stay there till you hit 156 to the Monterey Peninsula. Backscatter is closed Sundays as well, but yes, very droolworthy for the UW photographer. Just don't bring a credit card! It starts feeling thinner the minute you walk in the door. Monterey is certainly worth a side trip, just for the visit. A walk down the Beach by Cannery Row and maybe a hike up the hill at Point Lobos reserve in Carmel and a hop through Carmel by the Sea (and maybe the Carmel Mission) should be on anyones CA itinerary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom