What's The Difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eagleray2003

Reaction score
I am confused as to why some can advertise services on the board but it seems if a scuba shop does it's either deleted or everyone has a hissy fit about it. What's the difference?

I had quite a problem at first on this board because I replied to questions or comments about myself and/or my store and, in the process, which seemed natural, I used the name of the store. It seems that irritates many members and is usually removed by the moderators.
I've no problem at all with that policy other than, as you, I see other dive services and occasionally stores recommended or plugged. Perhaps the difference is that someone NOT affiliated with the store can mention it or recommend it but not the owner and that's not unreasonable either. The danger is when someone does NOT like a store and says so but the store cannot respond.

I noticed in another thread you asked about where you could get DUI dry suits in Ontario. A reply was made listing the stores after a search on the DUI web site. It was deleted and it was simply a list of suppliers. Other posts clearly reference other stores yet remain. There should be equality and fareness. At the least there should be transparency. You have clearly indicated in your posts that you are the store owner and your bias is transparent which scores you brownie points over those that simply plug their own stores without people knowing its their store. Thats my two cents worth.:bonk:

The bias on this board is so obvious it's laughable, some people do a lot of business on this board while others are shut out. I agree with GTA it seems any mention of air quality and zap it's gone, no reference was made to any store in particular. Someone must have a bit of a guilt trip.

Thanks GTA!
I'm no saint but I'm no sneak. Recently I received a message from the owner of the 'new' dive store in Scarborough and I told him I'd be down for a visit when he's open. I've been to every dive store in the GTA and never drive past one without a visit. Heck I might miss out on a great idea!
The point is that, whether you like me or not, I'm open and honest and will walk in to any store for a chat wearing my store jacket (in case you don't recognize me) and introduce myself. What you decide to do at that point is up to you. At least then, having met me, you can decide if I'm OK or not rather than depending on some else's opinion (and agenda).
BTW, I've only had 2 or 3 store owners visit me (I think!).

I just mentioned on another thread Eagleray that a discussion of the standards and testing of air shouldn't be a problem in fact, it seems to me to be a vital topic. There's a lot of misunderstanding out there and potential problems as a result.
I think the thread you mentioned did contain some irrelavent and contentious posts - that may be unavoidable but ought not to cause a ban on the topic!

It's hard to know what you are referring to. If there is a post that you feel is out of place, "report it to the moderators" or PM the regulators to take a look at it. It's quite likely that it could be a case of just missing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom