Photo class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have taken U/W photos, some have turned out better than others. I don't know much about W/B or RAW. was thinking about taking a photo class. The 6 part beginner class is full. does anyone think that this class sounds useful?

Emory Digital Camera Basics classes in Atlanta Georgia

I am wanting to get a new camera. I currently have a Canon S1 IS, My housing was damaged but can probably be fixed. It needs a new piece that closes the unit. I was thinking of getting a G9, Housing and Magenta filter instead of spending the money on a replacement housing for a camera that I wanted to upgrade anyways.

thanks

I haven't heard of the course but it seems to cover all the basics. Another possibility is to take an online UW photo course. I have taken two courses from this source: The Underwater Photographer, Underwater Digital Photography Classes: Improve your underwater photos and found them to be very helpful. Marty and Bonnie also were quick to respond to my emails regarding questions that I had when taking the courses. I took the PADI photo course through my LDS and found that these courses were much better.

Regards,

Bill

I've had mixed results with Photo Classes. I once took a basic digital photography course offered by the local Parks and Recreation department and found it was a little too basic for me. However, watching how the instructor used photoshop to display and quickly edit photos was quite educational, and I learned a lot from observation that had nothing to do with the class material.

On the other hand, I took a multi-day underater photography course from a well known photographer, and found it to be sadly lacking. I was swamped with questions from all of the other students in the class on the weekend AFTER the class was over because not a single one of the students could figure out how to get their cameras to work in their housings (the instructor had done everything for them).

I suspect you'll learn something from the class, even if it is not what the cirriculum covers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom