Moving to North Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divechaplain-sara

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey All,

I met some of you last fall when I visited family in Alabama, but now I have a job in Birmingham and will be moving back to the home state next week. I look forward to meeting and diving with more of you. I'll probably be working and miss the February ABWA dive--I don't have an appropriate exposure suit anyway because I know a 3 mil won't cut it. I hope that everyone's new year is off to a good start. Now back to packing for me.

Sara

If you plan on diving in Alabama and or the quarry in Pelham your gonna have to pony up for something other than a 3mil, may as well start saving your pennies for a drysuit. Or a 5mil or beyond.

Hey Sara! Nice meeting you on your last visit and good diving. This is great news! Are you working at one of the local hospitals? I am at UAB....full time in our research lab and part time PhD stuff, so I live there for the most part. Welcome back to AL and war eagle! We'll do some more quarry stuff/etc in the spring!

:) Kristal

I'll be a chaplain at UAB hospital. I'm looking forward to doing some more diving come spring. I'm looking forward to being close enough to get to the gulf for some diving there. Plus since I'll be living close to family and can see them on a regular basis that means I get to go somewhere else for vacations. I'm thinking tropical dive sites.

I have been thinking about taking up dry suit diving (in part because my first and most frequent dive buddy has moved to the pacific northwest), but I've got to sell a house in Texas before I can invest in anything fun (or otherwise).

And War Eagle to you too Kristal!!

Hey Sara! Welcome to UAB as well.....I am under the university umbrella, but if you need any help navigating the area/etc, look me up under the directory (K. Aaron) and shoot me an email. :)

Hey Sara. Welcome to Alabama. Now you can hit the gulf and springs with us.

Feel free to come by my house the night of the Feb dive. We will have some warm food and it would be a good way to meet more local and semi local divers. We had fun last year. P.M. me for directions.

Hello Sara!! I am looking forward to meeting you!! I hope you get the chance to stop by Clay's on Feb 2nd. I will be there.

Clay, Thanks for the invite. I would love to come. Once I get to work and know what my schedule will be I'll make plans. Hopefully, I'll be able to put in an appearnace somewhere. However, hospitals are open 24/7 and I already know that my hours won't be 8-5 M-F.

Denise, I look forward to meeting you as well and getting dive with you in the future.

I've spent most of the past three days packing--fortunately, I've had a good friend who has been helping me. I do see a light at the end of the packing up tunnel which is good since the rental truck for moving is sitting on the street in front of my house.

Welcome back to Alabama, Sara! Let me know when you decide to head south to the Florida panhandle. The waters in the springs are a little warmer than what you'll find at ABWA right now. And if you're the right size, we may have a wet suit you can borrow for your dives. BTW, where in Texas are you? My wife is from the DFW area.

Back
Top Bottom