Sport Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am using a Dive Rite Sport Wing on my doubles and am having a bit of a problem with the set up.

can you give me a little info on it?

Especially the lift and is it supposed to be bungeed?

Thanks

I am using a Dive Rite Sport Wing on my doubles and am having a bit of a problem with the set up.

can you give me a little info on it?

Especially the lift and is it supposed to be bungeed?

Thanks

Hi,

We would love to help. Can you please clarify which wing you are using...a Dive Rite Trek Wing perhaps? Just a quick note, the Gusset Control System (ie: bungee) is not intended for use with doubles.

Tell me what kind of problem you are having and I would be happy to help.

Best,
Kathelen

Definately says Sport on the wing....in large letters

My problem is with the top of the wing blocking my manifold.....and it has the tabs sewn on for bungees but none on at this time....

It is definately a doubles wing and I believe it has between 45-55 lbs of lift but I made quite the mess filling it with water and weighing it and lost a bit of water so dont have an accurate on that

Definately says Sport on the wing....in large letters

My problem is with the top of the wing blocking my manifold.....and it has the tabs sewn on for bungees but none on at this time....

It is definately a doubles wing and I believe it has between 45-55 lbs of lift but I made quite the mess filling it with water and weighing it and lost a bit of water so dont have an accurate on that

Hey,

Now I see...the SPORT wing is a wing we made about 10 years ago. Sort of a precursor to today's REC wing. I assume that you have tried moving the wing down so it does not block your manifold and moving tank bands down on the tank so that the manifold sits higher on your back. Barring those solutions...how tall are you and how do you find your trim in the water with this wing? The SPORT and REC wings tend to work very well for average height to taller divers. Shorter divers (say 5.5" or shorter) tend to trim out better in a shorter wing (TREK) that has more lift at the top. You can still manage the manifold/wing with a TREK and not have to have the wing as high up on your back (aka behind the head) in order to trim out.

Tell me more how I can help,
Thanks,
Kathleen

I am right on the curve as far as height goes and I dont have a lot of options as far as holes in the wing to move it up or down, it just doesnt have a good selection.....

I did try moving the bands down and it really was a struggle not to face plant, just too much over my shoulders....

I was curious regarding the tabs and lift ....if it was a bungeesd wing I would have tried tightening down along the top of the wing.....

my curiosity in the lift is because I am wondering how much lift I can afford to loose if I work the wing bewteen my hoses and tank to keep it off of my manifold knobs....

Do you have an idea about the lift.....that info would help...

I have only just begun on doubles and would like to save my new wing purchase for when I have a better idea of what I am looking for in a wing....not just sizing wise but single or double bladder...I am schleping them to Florida next week to practice but will loose the redundancy of my drysuit...lots to consider...

Just tryin to get myself organized one step at a time....thanks for info and tips!!...

do you have any pictures of the wing set up?

Thanks

Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom