Suunto Cobra Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just wanted to clarify this after reading through the manual (just got it and am doing a pool dive (yeah I know, but I'm in Texas and it's cold right now) tomorrow).

When the computer shows 0 air remaining, you really have 500 PSI left right?

That's the way I read the manual, just wanted to double check on this.

I am a pretty safe diver and usually head up with at least 750 - 800 PSI in the tank, I just don't want to look down at my computer and see 250 PSI and be worried about running out when I really have 750 left.

Thanks in advance.

AD

You are correct the air time remaining is calculated to leave you with 500 PSI in reserve. during the dive the lower left hand corner will display the actual tank pressure and the left center box will show how long you have to breath it down to 500 PSI. The computer calculates and updates with every breath to match your consumption rate.

Hallmac

Aggie Diver once bubbled...

When the computer shows 0 air remaining, you really have 500 PSI left right?
I just don't want to look down at my computer and see 250 PSI and be worried about running out when I really have 750 left.

AD

If it says 250psi, that is what you have. not 750psi

PSI is actual,

at 500PSI it will say, 0 air time remaining.

I was there once, hanging on the line with 0 air time remaining. It was a good learning experience.
:wink:

I'm pretty sure, though not certain, that my Cobra counts air time down to 750psi. I never pay any attention to that air time number anyway, but I do know the computer starts whinin' and complainin' and moanin' and groanin' at 750psi (an irritant). I'll check it out this weekend.
As has been said, the pressure number is the actual measure of pressure. When it says "0" you're out.
Rick

Looks like Tavi covered it - I was talking about the airtime remaining thing.

AD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom