Best Retro Eatery with the Best Drinks and Worst Food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
La Mariana!

great post dive, salty dog destination for a brew or a stiff Jack and Coke...

Have you been wondering where the REAL drinkers hang?

keep your expectations real about the food.

DSC_0050-3.jpg

If you are a remedial docker, I highly recommend this eatery as you can just cut the engine and glide in sideways to a large friendly waterfront curb. Just look for the big huge cluster of palm trees among an otherwise totally industrial topography on sand island access road.....

All decor is original, maybe even the waitress, but those puffer fish lamps are not cool.:skull::yinyang: bad karma at the very least....

DSC_0052-3.jpg

We ran into three different dive groups, believe it or not...

DSC_0054-4.jpg

The paper today says Oahu tourism is down 20% and the Japanese did not show for the Sony Open! I guess they don't know about this place..

yeah.. we stopped into there after a Sea Lancers' Club Dive..
'place seems almost organic with trees growing up out of the floor and thru the roof.

too bad there aren't more places (other than Cha Cha's) where you can pull up to the dock and have drinks and such.

maybe Hooter's will open another place on the water more accessible to private watercraft than Aloha Tower.

if you want to have jappanese clients do dissplay a photo of a sushi cheff cutting puffer "globe fish" tough this may intice the jappanese this may dissmay others since the puffer is provably one of the most photographed fishes and they may not want to see it on there plate let alone the lamp shade. be dipplomatic.:)

What?!? I love that place!!! That is actually where my wife and I went for our 1st date. Yet another thing I miss about Oahu!!!

(Did I mention that I'm getting homesick?)

I thought the food was there pretty good. Other than the many friends, there is nothing Im missing about Oahu.

PS, some pretty unsavory types your hanging out with these days C.

unsavory types your hanging out with these days C

When I slum, I go for the gusto.

But, I did DOCK THE BOAT, Sensei.

What?!? I love that place!!! That is actually where my wife and I went for our 1st date. Yet another thing I miss about Oahu!!!

(Did I mention that I'm getting homesick?)

Come on back Fishboy, all is forgiven...
Aloha Turtleguy

October now... I just transfered to a new boat and we don't have a port call until then

When I slum, I go for the gusto.

But, I did DOCK THE BOAT, Sensei.

On the dock or next to it like your supposed to?:D
Good for you....

The other boaters were looking very worried.

But...how can I be diplomatic?

okay, you are pulling in next to a million dollar SWAN

-or- a liveaboard with lattice enclosure from Home Depot and chickens

which would make you the most worried about your dock job?

They have some interesting vessels down there. Some of them are held together with shower curtains and chewing gum.
(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Don't they have to start er up and show they can move to be there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom