questions about first underwater camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just bought my first underwater camera. I have a Nikon coolpix L11 with Ikelite housing and af-35 STROBE. I am new to UW photography

My questions

what settings are best for underwater photography? ie.
What "scene" to use?
What exposure on the AF-35 strobe
Do you use white balance if you have the strobe running?
If you are not using the strobe, what white balance?
I am open to any advice in this topic

Great you got some new toys!

Check out the Sticky at the top of this forum as we've compiled the answers to most of your questions there. Have a look and let us know how we can help! Can't wait to see some images.

BTW - you can get there via the Pink Link in my signature, too :wink:

Well it sounds as if no one has actually used the af35 recently, I guess I might be the guinea pig

Looks like I need to hold another digital UW class. :)

I am up for it any time, I hate that my first experience using the camera will be in Hawaii, who knows when I will get back because I am sure I will have great opportunities for some awesome pics, lets just hope some come out. I think I will play around with it while snorkling to get a feel for it before we go diving. I will post some when I get back in March

Well, I am in town this weekend if you would like to get together and play with them. I shoot manual all the time so my experience with a P&S is limited but I have been wanting to get my hands on that camera to experiement with it. Bet we can come up with some good general setting to improve your shots. PM coming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom