zeagle regulator which one

which regulator of zeagle?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok I have always like zeagle regulators currently using an Apeks atx200 great regulator, but time for new one:
want it to be Environmentally sealed balance ect:
which one would you choice and why ?
ZX/Flathead VI
The ZX/ 50-D

other than the 50D can swivel hose mpunt.

I use a DV/V, and love it. Bought my wife one too. Took both to 120' and they breath about the same as 20'. It's environmentally sealed and adjustable. Breaths very well. It is reviewed well on this site too.

DSV is by far the best bang for the buck. I own one of these and have dove it under ice, deep, cold, saltwater in Cuba, and it's rock solid. I just bought a pair of Flathead VI's for my doubles regs, and got a super good deal on them, otherwise I would have bought more DSV's. When I was trying to make up my mind when I bought my first DSV, I called Zeagle and spoke to the engineer than designed them, and he told me the Flathead VI will breathe better than the DSV, but that I would have to be past 200 feet before you'd notice. I'm not a fan of swivelling first stages, and I don't think there is really any advantage to it, and that the DSV is still the better bang for the buck reg.

Jim

I vote for the flathead! I have two of them and have had them down to 135' several times with no issues at all. A buddy of mine dove mine since he forgot his Oceanic and loved the Flathead. I was thinking of switching.

Depending upon what conditions you dive in my vote could go either way. But didn't like the swivel idea.

Recently picked up a 50D and its a can't miss. You could say I trust it with my life.

Back
Top Bottom