Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The bureaucrats have killed her. The gate was moved out almost to the end of pavement and all the beautiful trees are bulldozed. There are no-trespassing signs.

They're "Paving paradise and putting up a parking lot."

Your tax dollars at work.

Say it aint so. I hope its all done before April. We're planning on be there then. Hopfully they want mess it up to bad.

The beaurocrats have killed her. The gate was moved out almost to the end of pavement and all the beautiful trees are bulldozed. There are no-trespassing signs.

That should be a crime to cut down all those beautiful oak trees. Did you happen to take any pictures of it? I have heard rumors that they are trying to shut down Morrison for good. Of course, for us that would not be good.

I have some good memories from Morrison.

I have heard rumors that they are trying to shut down Morrison for good.

Quite the opposite. The county has recieved large (either fed or state, can't remember which) grants to immprove the facilities.

Morrison Springs

Sorry to hear that Tom. Im assuming the gate was shut?

EDIT:

I know there's a boat ramp just a short way down the creek. Not much of a surface swim at all to get to the spring from there. Im not sure how to get to it via road though.

EDIT2:

Here's an update on why it's closed:
News

Quite the opposite. The county has recieved large (either fed or state, can't remember which) grants to immprove the facilities.

Morrison Springs

Sorry to hear that Tom. Im assuming the gate was shut?

EDIT:

I know there's a boat ramp just a short way down the creek. Not much of a surface swim at all to get to the spring from there. Im not sure how to get to it via road though.

EDIT2:

Here's an update on why it's closed:
News

This looks really good. I look forward to the changes.

The beaurocrats have killed her. The gate was moved out almost to the end of pavement and all the beautiful trees are bulldozed. There are no-trespassing signs.

========================================

Glad to have had the chance to dived Morrison back in the 70's

Yeah, there sprucing the place up.

We were there last weekend, and saw the dozing.

There putting wooden walk way around the spring. By the time they finish it should look great.

Give it time.

You think they will put the standard $10 scuba price on it when they get done?

I went to Morrison this afternoon and walked around. I have pictures but have just gotten home and must unpack wet stuff out of the Suburban.

Basically they have placed a gate about a half mile from the original gate. They have cleared about 50 acres of trees to the right side of the road about 200 yards before the original gate. They have survey flags around where the old dive shop was. The wall is gone and leveled. They have placed silt screens around the edge of the spring and it looks like they are preparing a foundation of some sort. There is a barge with a crane on it anchored. The water is up about six feet above normal.

Will post some pictures when I get time. Fish food the thing you asked me about is nowhere to be found.

Back
Top Bottom