A few favorite photos from Maui (imgs)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got back from two weeks in Maui where I got to do a little diving.

This photo is my favorite of the trip. Its a couple of Imperial Nudibranches. I've never seen them before. Apparently they usually come in pairs, although I did see one three-some. I like the focus. The aperature was only f/13.0, so the whole image isn't in focus. The head is spot on though. I think that I really like the depth of field.

DSC_7442_PB.jpg

This photo is my second favorite. It is about a 50% crop, but it shows some of the close-up capability of the Sigma 17-70 lens.

DSC_7398_PB_small.jpg

Shore diving at the Mala Pier, I saw lots of turtles, both Hawksbill and Green Sea Turtles.

IMG_0284_PB.jpg

This linked movie shows those turtles. I was so busy watching the one main tutle in the movie that I didn't even know that we were approaching the other three.

Turtle Video

Thanks for looking.
David

Nice nudis, David. Cool stuff. Awesome video. Can't get too many turtles.

Great pics! Mala Pier is one of my all time favorite dives! Love the turtle!

Those are absolutely stunning photos and video. Thank you!!

Those are some great pics. I'm just starting out on certification, but photography is one of the things I am interested in. Can I ask what equipment you used?

Awesome pics!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom